My Family

My Family

Sunday, July 17, 2011

recycled necklaces!

So this past week I have been working at GPS (Girls Prep. School) and teaching the art section.  Let me tell you how overflowing with ideas that I am!  I haven't slept well all week because I keep coming up with more things to make.  =)  Our theme  is It's easy being Green, which is of course my favorite because I love making recycled art!

So, over the next few days I will post what we have made.

The first idea came from Luke and I spending entirely too long at the pool, playing with a beach ball, and it popped.  I started shredding it while he played, and then started braiding it to make a necklace and a bracelet.  (I miss my plethora of bracelets from camp when I was oh, so much younger)

So, gather your handy pool floaties in the trash at your local pool.

Then cut them into long strips and place them in a box.
I also have leftover yarn in there from another project because I can't throw anything away.  =)

Buy safety pins.
Braid.
Knot.
Repeat.


The pictures don't quite do it justice, but I love them!  The girls had a blast, as did I!

Recycled magazine necklaces:

This is an oldie but goodie.

Take old magazines and cut them into strips.
Take the strips and put a gluestick line down the top of it.
Roll it up with a pencil.
Place in a bowl until it dries.
String together!

My cup overflows with creativity!

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment