My Family

My Family

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Money Lessons

Luke has been really into money for a long time.  Every time last year he would find some spare change around the house, he would squeal with excitement and run and put it in his bank in his room.  He recently has wanted to start buying stuff- ice pops at the pool, wants to push the green button every time I use my check card, etc.

So, last night Luke got all of his money out on the floor and we counted it out.  (seriously, I need to take some tips from this kid!  He has saved TONS)

Previously, he had said that he wanted a wallet like daddy's.  When I saw a fire truck wallet at Learning Express last week, I knew that was a perfect fit!  So he paid me and I gave him the wallet, like we were playing store.


He was excited!

Today we went to Mckays bookstore to sell some of our books as we continue to declutter.  He happily took his wallet, picked out 2 cars books, and paid for them himself.  LOVE that he is learning this at 2.  =)

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment