My Family

My Family

Monday, July 11, 2011

Latest projects

So, I have been creative this summer, esp with Luke but haven't been able to upload pictures until yesterday.  Luke and I have been obsessed with butterflies this summer, so we have made a lot of those out of things around the house. I don't have a finished product quite yet of the canvas we are doing together, but here is an idea of what we are using...
So, Luke painted and painted on card stock, mixing colors and painting his body too!

Then we let it dry.  Next Luke sat in my lap and we used a butterfly punch to punch out hundreds of little butterflies.
Not a great picture, but they are little ones.  Next we started gluing them on a canvas!  More to come when we end the project!!!!

Project 2.....for Graham and Erin's wedding and reception sign......

Bowties.  Thanks to Jessica Kent for finding the tutorial on Pleated Poppy.  The green paisley one Luke wore in the wedding!

Headbands.  LOVE making these.  More to come, but this was a recent 3 year old present!



star rice krispie treats
(made almost all by Luke)

Attempted sewing for Luke...

(I am not sure how to turn these still....)

Indoor smores....

really yummy, i must say.  we had to eat them outside and strip Luke down, but it was worth it.
Lots more creating yet to happen!  I am working at GPS camp this week and next and am in charge of the art.  It is SO much fun!  I am used to having a lot of rowdy boys around, so to have just girls is unknown to me!  They love glitter and sparkly things!  I will post what we make soon.  Glad to have that opportunity too!

Not happy it is already July.  Summer flies by way too fast, but making the most of our days left.  Luke has started school going half days at Northside and seems to really like it.  They have done a lot of really neat art projects and experiments in the last week and I know that he enjoys that.

I am out of books to read too.  I have been involved in so many character's lives this summer that I hate to see it end!  Total books read so far is 11.  Got to make it to 20.  I will be very proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment