My Family

My Family

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Some baby present love...

So, I went to a good friend's baby shower this past weekend. For a month I have been mulling over what to make for her baby's room, and by Thursday, I was down to a plan C and not knowing what that even was. My sewing skills and the machine have not made much progress yet.  This is where I need Jessica Kent to sit with me and make stuff at my house to inspire me to actually sew.  As of now, I am a poser and I haven't really done much.

So, I wanted to do some fabric flowers and I really like Pinking shears too.  With EVERYTHING.  They are so much fun to use.  I didn't like any fabric that I had for this project, so I used the fun paper from Hobby Lobby that I got recently.

Here is what I came up with:
 I kept cutting until I made all of these little flowers.  Then I had cute buttons that I still haven't used yet.  There was a cabinet door in my art stash too(not OUR cabinet door, but one Tim brought home for me to use a while ago) and I have been saving it for something good.  Used a little craft glue, and you have gerber daisies!
 I wanted to add some more bling to the picture, so I cut these little things out and glued them to the outside edge.
 I don't know why this picture is upside down, but here is the final prodcut!


I decided they were happy and I want to make some for my hallway.  One day!  I have a lot on the list that I have checked off thanks to Luke and I having a sick day this week and being motivated again!  More posts to come.

2 comments:

  1. ah! so stinkin' cute! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Great idea! You are just so overflowing with creativity it makes me sick! ;) If I could have even an ounce of your creativity I'd be doing good! You certainly inspire me!

    ReplyDelete