My Family

My Family

Saturday, January 28, 2012

creativity week

So Tim has been gone all week for a firefighter conference in Disney.  (not fair!)  In between, school, parent teacher conferences, playing with Luke, and doing life, I have managed to squeeze in a little time this week to truly be creative!  YAY for that!


My first project is stuff I have been working for a while on for a company called JK3 softwear here in town. Go to here for info on the store.....really cool things happening with them! http://www.jk3softwear.com/  I met with the manager a while back and she approached me about doing some hairtie and headband stuff that I have designed with some of their leftover scraps.  I LOVE recycling scrap fabric and paper.   So this week I will be taking stuff over to the store and leaving it there to see what happens. It's not going to pay the bills, but might help buy something to put toward the kitchen fund......which ALL art money has gone towards this fall and winter.  GPS camp this summer blessed me by hiring me for 2 weeks and I was able to buy cabinets with that money.  They are currently beautiful and are still sitting in my basement.  I can't wait to use them.  We are almost there.  Tim and I were talking about how exciting this year has been with fabric and elastic helping us get closer.  God has a good sense of humor.  








elastic headbands and felt getting ready for the cute stuff to put on it.
 Some of the headbands I worked on today.

 I love this one.  This fabric came from a pile in a yard sale for a quarter.  It wasn't very much, but very beautiful and thick.  I love knowing the story behind fabric.

 This project is still in the works.  I bedazzled spoons!  It was so much fun and so easy!  These are for a project that is for V day with some other things that Luke and I made together.   More to come!
 I love the daintiness of the spoons.  (I never thought I would say that either...)
More to come.  My cycle of creating comes in spurts.  Once all of the hair stuff gets put on etsy, put in the store, then I want to get my sewing machine out and try it out again.  Hopefully I won't throw it out the window.  But I might.  =)

2 comments: