My Family

My Family

Monday, August 1, 2011

Recent "happies"

There is a lot that I am thankful for recently and a lot of things make me happy!  It has been fun to discover who I am again without a lot of added stress to my body, both physically and mentally.  I have been able to rest in a way that I have not known this summer, to play with Luke like I always desire to, and to continue to read and to learn, but on a much more laid back pace.  Change is good for me.  It really is. I have done a million art projects this summer because I have wanted to, not forcing myself to be creative because I should.  I have a desire to have an etsy shop.  I have had the name "abbyart" since I was 6 years old and selling calling cards to save up money that I can earn a bike.  Art has been an outlet for me to go to when I am stressed or when I just need to be happy and crafty.  This summer has been that.  AND, I think I am close to having a store.  We will see the reality of that but def. on the bucket list.  I have 3 art shows possible this fall.  I have been a busy lady but the good kind of busy in which I am motivated.  Luke always wants to draw and paint and cook with me and I simply love that.  He has the mind of tim, but he desires to be creative with me too and that melts my heart.  (and he asks if we can just "TALK"- man after my own heart!)

This past week I was able to spend some quality time with a lot of favorite people in my life as seasons were about to change when the calendar turned August.  Happy to have time to do that.  Happy to have space to do that with Luke in school part time too.  Happy just to encourage and uplift.  My spirit is alive again in so many ways and I rejoice because of that.  I haven't felt like myself or known myself in a really long time, and I feel like I know more about Abby than I ever have.  These people in my life are priceless!

First, I got to bring Susan lemon slushes and eat peanut butter and jelly by the poolside with her on Wednesday as the boys swam around us.  Priceless.  SO thankful for that time with her to be a friend and a mommy with.  I'm sad I don't have a picture of that.

Jennifer and I had an extremely girly day to go and get our toenails painted.  LOVELY.  Hot pink and wild daisies.  Watch out Chaco feet.  =)  Again, priceless time with her before her season becomes busy.


Tressa and I got to catch up too over a coke at Krystal in between her 3 kids workout practices at CCS.  I have honestly never been in Krystal.  (hehe)  Great time pouring conversation of life in a short hour.


Then Graham and Erin drove over from Arkansas for the long weekend and we went to the lake.  Glorious.  The water was calm, peaceful, and just perfect.  The sun was just enough to make my skin brown and warm but not crispy.

Luke loved driving the boat with dad, feeding the fish and the ducks, peeing off of the boat(I have a pic, but didn't know if that would go so well to post) playing cars, and boat dancing.  He even got on the tube with Tim and I.  He hated it.  I loved it that he tried.










Tim and I had fruitful conversations all week in the car and in the house.  Just being.  Learning how to love deeply and how to assume the best in each other.  7 years is a long time to live with someone and to discover true personalities.  I'm thankful that God has held us in the palm of his hand the whole time.  12 years of knowing each other and loving each other.  Makes me happy to think about him.  Now he is off fighting fires and using huge manly equipment to get people out of car wrecks.  Very manly if you ask me.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 has been in my head a lot recently.  "To everything there is a season, a time and a purpose under heaven"  The lake and being outdoors always makes me reflect- what is my season?  What next Lord?




I'm thankful for time in this past week to invest.  Invest in people I love.  I want to do it more.  I thrive off of encouraging people.  It makes me energized. less stressed. happy. fulfilled.  =)

Today my "happie" was waking up on August 1 and knowing that I didn't have to go to school for another 2 weeks.  I absolutely LOVE summer.  So, I took Luke to school, went to Yoga class, picked up Luke from school and went to the pool for a picnic lunch and to swim.  Then came home and took naps, and are about to go back to the pool.  Doesn't get much better than this.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment