My Family

My Family

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bedtime stories and thoughts

Tim put Luke to bed on Monday night.  He asked, "Daddy, can you read me God?"  Tim answered, "Sure buddy.  You mean the bible? " "Yes" Okay.  Then they read about Kind David.  Luke asked Tim if he could say his prayers tonight.  "Hold my hand, daddy, let's pray!"  Precious.  Luke and I have been memorizing verses this summer, thanks to Steve Green Hide em in your heart cds that I listened to when I was little.  He belts out Philippians 4:13 often in the car, and then also shouts out 1 John 4:16 (God is LOVE!)

If only I had a little bit more faith like a child.  If only life were so simple......What Luke is teaching me is that it is.  At 2 years old, I can learn more from my child than any class that I could take.  Why might you ask?  Because he is so pure.  So innocent.  So filled up with love that explodes out of him, only filled up by the Lord himself.  I pray I am more like my child.  Seeing the beauty in butterflies...cars that pass....excitement as I see things as we pass them by.

Yes, we all have our moments.  Screaming no is most likely going to be apart of my day with him.  But isn't that what I do to my heavenly father sometimes too?  The verse comes to mind...."Children OBEY your parents in the Lord, for this is RIGHT".  Easier said than done.  I pray that I can do that today.  Pray that I can be a good example for my own son, and for others watching.

Excited to spend time with my little guy today.  =)

1 comment: