My Family

My Family

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Counting it all joy.....

I just have to say it. I love school. I love that I can talk about god so freely.

This is holy week. This is the week that Passover was, the week that christs suffered on the cross, and the week he was risen from the dead.

My 12 kids ( can you tell that I still love saying that I only have 12 in my class?) and I were sitting around the table discussing this week. I was reading aloud to them from the bible and they were doing art with oil pastels on a cross that they had made with me. We were discussing what it means to love the lord, to know that Christ lives in us, and that we have nothing to fear when we die if we know him. This was an incredible discussion. My 6 year olds know so much. So much GOOD stuff.

The conversation went on. We talked about blessings and how the father blesses us. We talked about taking communion( which we did today together at chapel) and when they are ready. I consider these days so precious with this class. They are such encourages and the lord is going to do such great things with each one of them!

Luke and I have been reading about this week through the resurrection eggs. He opens one each day and we read a devotion about it. There is a symbol in each of the eggs. Such a cool concept! He is absorbing so much right now. He is so aware of others feelings. His favorite line is" are you happy or sad?" and he says it really fast. He has had a hard month or so with a lot of changes. Tim has worked a whole lot. He misses his daddy. He screams out loud that he misses him. He is bonded with Tim. How a father loves his children. His favorite teacher becca just moved to another class. This broke his heart. Luke is such a happy kid. He sings all of the time. He wants to " take violin and guitar lessons". He loves nature and animals. He tells me that he loves me over and over again. I love this. Even in the middle of disobeying he shouts, " but I love you mommy!"

I love being a mom today. I love being a wife. I love being a teacher.

James tells us to " count it all joy". . I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment