My Family

My Family

Sunday, September 25, 2011

happenings....

This week was really long.  So long, in fact, that these are highlights and I will go into detail about other things later.  So to recap.....

(not in any particular order....)

Our firefighter friend Jamie gave Luke bunkbeds.  So therefore, Tim and Luke spent some time putting them together in the guest room and taking down the other bed.  (need a king?  its for sale!)
 Luke got to use a drill for the first time.....and loved it.

 In his "reading bed" on the top bunk.....my little monkey can't sleep up there yet....too many trips to the ER!  The room is still orange- will be grey- and eventually will be Luke's room, but for now will stay the guest room with extra space and bedding...and if Luke will ever go to sleep, I don't care which bed he sleeps in, just not mine!
 Made LOTS of hairties in every color this week.  Had a big GPS order to fill!  What a blessing!
 Yep, that is the sassy zebra print.  So cute.



 And I made lots and lots of bows too.  Here are a few....


 Luke and I made pumpkin cards out of handprints.......and sprinkled them with glitter
 Or smeared handprints.....

 What mommy?  I'm two.  Going to a friend's 7 yr old bday dinner and bonfire.  FUN!
Girls Prepatory Hairties...
 Before my grandfather's funeral.......He dressed himself in his favorites....but wanted to wear the cones too....


 Then we dressed him for the funeral.  Wasn't too happy and just wanted to ride his bike!
 oh, ties...
 Hey, we actually can dress up away from just a t shirt!
 My sweet neice and sweet Luke.....at the gravesite service in Blairsville, GA
 My sweet sis
 Some AbbyArt in Layla's hair!
 Taught about Maps and Globes this week....such a fun project off of Pinterest!
 squinty eyes....whew......glad it was friday!
 kisses!
 Made apple pie in first grade!  yum!
 rode carousel with Bebe!
 Pumpkin Ice cream at Coolidge Park from Clumpies.....
 made a fall tree with Luke.  He stuck the leaves all over....
 and decorated his little pumkin too with fire truck stickers and mater teeth....=)
Absolutely no rest.........working on that part.  Sad times for a gathering with my family, but thankful for that time too.  It was powerful and a blessing to cry......to speak at a funeral in which I have never done before......to celebrate life and death......to craft.....to teach......Doesn't Ecclesiates 3:1 say"to everything there is a season, and a time and a purpose under the heavens...."?

More to come.  Happy First weekend of Fall!  My favorite season!  (well, besides the summer months at the pool of course....)

No comments:

Post a Comment