My Family

My Family

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Random rants by the beach

Favorite part of the day: watching Luke sing like a seagull while chasing them on the beach. It is the most freeing thing to watch a three year old play and run on the beach without a care in the world. He was experiencing gods beauty today on the beach and I loved watching him. He was experiencing his earthly fathers love too by building castles and making polic cars out of sand and rocks. " my god shall supply all your needs" yes, he is doing this daily.

This month has been extremely hard with lots of obstacles. But it has been extremely good too. My son turned three on Friday. One of my best friends calls me and happily tells me that her son was named the bible whiz in his Sunday school class because he continues to memorize so many verses, when a year ago I went with him to church for the very first time. B s f continues to challenge my mind and keep it active, becoming more and more aware to put on the full armor of god, and reminding me that I have a long way to go. Tim and I get the whole week to be together with Luke on my spring break.

This is the first time in almost 8 years since he has been down to Clearwater since we got married. I get to see my sweet niece Layla and encourage my sweet sister Ivey. My parents are here overlapping a little time too and get to be with both of their grand kids. We were told that we need a new roof from hail damage. Tim's getting some money for his truck for hail damage. I'm looking for a car but still waiting for the right one to come along.

Day at a time. The words " you are faithful, you are faithful god" continue to roll in my head as I continue this day. We have so much to be thankful for.

Walking on the beach today made me have so many memories of living here.sommany verses continued to come to mind as I walked on the sand and looked out to the water.

2chronicles12:9 was a verse dad read to us one Christmas that I was home: "for the eyes range throughout the earth to look for hearts that are truly his." am I? Am I walking in such a way that proclaims Christ to my own child? He certainly is. When he is disobedient, after he is in time out, he comes to me and tells me that he is sorry, that he loves me, and that god is probably not happy that he made a bad choice. He gets it. He is just three.

This is a random collection of thoughts releasing as I process life and take a minute to slow down. Slowing down continues to be one of my main goals. I'm getting a lot better at it. School is good for that too. Spring break is really good for that.

Lots of pictures to post soon. Happy to be with my little family. Happy Tim has two really good jobs at Chattanooga fire and at signal fire but also really happy for him to have a break and be with us. There is something about a little sunshine that makes everything in life a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment