My Family

My Family

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pallet art

So, this year I am teaching 1st graders, but I also get to teach 4th grade art.  It has been stretching to say the least.  I am studying all about Islamic art, African art, etc. etc.  One of the things that each class is create some piece of art to sell at the auction.  So, In January, the whole month of art class was dedicated to this project.  I had NO IDEA what to do with the 4th graders.....but, thanks to PINTEREST, SUSAN, and BLAES, I brainstormed and figured that we would do some kind of pallet art that people could hang in playrooms, rooms, or hallways.  Blaes has better pics of the finished product, but I am super excited about these.  We had the auction last night and my 3 pallets went for $1550 combined!!!!!!!1  YAY for a fun project with great kids!


 This one below was my example.  I am giving it as a gift to a sweet dear family who lost their son last Christmas.....
This one is before it was finished.  They outlined it in all black and it really turned out amazing.  They also fixed the "right" to "rights" and after don't give up- they added the fight to it.  

I am really proud of them and it was fun to watch the parents fight over them last night at the auction!!!!

More to come!

1 comment:

  1. I love these!!!! Love love love love love love!!!!! Job well done sister!!!

    ReplyDelete