My Family

My Family

Saturday, December 17, 2011

25 random things...


I found this today as I was "cleaning out" my facebook page and redoing my privacy stuff.  Thought this was fun to read......for those of you that want to know a bit more about me.....this was written in 2009, so yes, a lot of things have happened since then.....=)





1. I have lived in a lot of places throughout my life. Albany, Atlanta, Augusta GA, Clearwater, FL, Colorado, Asheville, NC, Charlotte, NC, Montana, Canada, and now Tennessee. I live in North Chattanooga now.

2. I have traveled in 43 states, and 2 countries since I have been married. Mostly by car. All in the green Subaru. Mostly in the first 1 1/2 of our marriage. I want to go to all 50. Traveling is wonderful and strangely enough I love being in the car, sitting in the front seat, reading out loud to Tim, sleeping, and sitting in a weird and mangled position to get comfortable while going down the road. If we pass a state line, we get out of the car and take a picture next to the sign. I want to go to all of the national parks with our kids someday and section hike the App. trail.

3. I met my husband 10 years ago at the Cove Camp. I walked up the familiar pathway to the dining hall, he was on the porch watching me and eventually talked to me. We were both counselors that summer. I don't think I will ever fully understand how well we clicked and understood each other as well as we did in that short amount of time, but it was amazing. I went home that summer FULL of the Lord, encouragement, life, and constantly talking about my best friend Tim. My favorite summer of my life. I loved him, I just couldn't admit it. He went home and told a friend that he met the girl he was going to marry. 5 years and 1,000;s of letters later, we were married. I am extremely blessed.

4. I adore my whole family. I am so rich because of the parents that I have, whose hearts are fully the Lord's and who have set wonderful examples for us. I love that they are willing to do anything for their kids. I love that I would get notes in the mail simply of encouragement when things were hard, and phone calls just because. I am the oldest of three kids. Ivey is next and then Graham. We are about as extremely opposite as you can get, but we love being around each other. (Now, we ALL are married and I have the greatest brother in law Rand and sister in law Erin.....plus the cutest little neice, Layla)

5. I love my "other" families too. My in-laws are incredible too.(and brother, Daniel) They wanted Tim to marry me for a really long time. I am glad that it happened.=) The Massi women are part of my family too. Life is not the same without them. Matt Dempsey is Tim's best friend, and has become mine too. He is family. I love him.

6. I hate to match. I love putting on random leggings or socks with funky skirts and a wild shirt, but my favorite part is mismatching my outfit with my shoes. I generally don't plan my outfits daily, they just acculumlate on my body until the layering is done and I am comfortable.  (I think that I have gotten worse about this.  Tim looked at me the other day and said "what are you wearing?"

7. I love wearing Chacos. Sweatpants. T-shirts, ponytails, dresses over jeans, and Tim's clothes. Things have to be comfortable for me to like them.

8. I love Macaroni and Cheese (veleeta), chicken nuggets, and salad.......coffee, MetroMint spearamint water, POM juice, scones, muffins, meat............Love Outback, Aretha Frankenstein's, Chilli's, Merv's, Rembrandt's, and Stone Cup. I love to eat actually. I usually eat more than Tim, which I am proud of. =) (when I am not pregnant!)(Since having a child, I eat WAY better than I used to)

9. I live in N. Chattanooga on Mississippi Ave. I go to church on Mississippi Ave. I also go to work on Mississippi Ave. I think that it is really cool that I can walk to all of these places rather frequently and not have to drive. I rarely have to fill the car up with gas.(This has all changed too, but thankful for the opportunity for this as well.  I am in the car a bit more now....but savor that time to myself too)

10. I have wanted to be a teacher since I was in 2nd grade. My sister and I would spend countless hours pretending school in the unfinished living room and I just loved it. I would be the teacher, and also the student. We had many imaginary friends that joined us each day in our living room classroom. Ironically, I teach 2nd grade now. I love 7 year olds and I love my job.

11. I have always wanted to be a children's book illustrator, to own a camp and direct it, to have an art store (Abby Art Ink), to teach, to be a wife and a mommy. I am doing pretty good on some of these things. (YAY for dreams coming true!)

12. I am going to be a mommy in less than 6 weeks to a little boy going to be named Ansel Luke. I absolutely love being pregnant, even though the first part was a little rough, and now in my 8th month I am extremely exhausted after work. The little flutters that I feel everyday, the feet jamming into my rib cage- I just love it. I love having a huge belly too. It is the most unusual sensation I have ever felt in my life. (This is one of the greatest blessings of my life.  To be Luke's mommy!  He is such a spitfire and I love him.  He makes us laugh and is filled with energy and joy)

13. I love my cats. I have a huge 15 pound orange tabby cat named Stryder and a 10 pound calico cat named Hermionie. We got them on our 1 month anniversary. I wanted 1 kitty, then couldn't resist both of them. They are unusual and eat weird things sometimes like broccoli, noodles, all of my plants in the house, and whipped cream. They sleep on my side of the bed curled up next to me. Don't need a lot of heat in the house that way.

14. I absolutely get a surge of happiness when at yard sales and thrift stores and find a deal. I would rather find my clothing there and have a great story about it than get it new. (I still LOVE this.  Everything in my house has a story!)

15. My best friend in 2nd grade is still my friend now- Kirstin Semke Hobday. My sister married her brother. So, technically we are related. Kind of. She is family and I love her.

16. I love being in the car with Rachel and Rebekah Massi and singing at the top of our lungs. They make me smile. Well, I love being just with them. I am technically their Godmother and I think that is awesome too. I call them my sisters. I would do anything for them.

17. I adore blankets. I love wrapping up like a burrito in my huge red fleece. It is comforting.

18. Tim and I collect Lego's. We have thousands. Nascar, Harry Potter, Soccer, Pirates, Robin Hood......we still get Legos for Christmas.

19. I love the beach. I love the mountains. I love being outside. I am a solar powered girl. I am less stressed out when I can walk around outside or sit and bask in nature.

20. I am learning that we don't need stuff to be happy. I am learning that I am extremely blessed and extremely rich because I know Christ. He supplies all of our needs. We are so selfish as a society. We continue to want more and more. Tim and I are in the process of getting rid of stuff in our house. I love simplicity.

21. I played soccer for a long time. I was the goalkeeper at Covenant College for 4 years. I am extremely competitive and I loved flying through the air to catch a ball. I loved walking onto Scotland Yard and feeling the adrenaline through my body. I loved punting the ball across the field to the other 18 yard line. I loved being a really short goalie and having to train my body to jump ridiculously high. I loved the community of the girls I played with and what I learned from them. I loved being captain my senior year and thinking of ways to encourage them before games. Probably the best part about Covenant was that. I loved struggling (though prob. not at the time) because I am such a softer person because of it.

22. I get extremely red in my face when I talk in front of large groups of adults. (even in faculty meetings where I know everyone) I find this very odd because I can speak in front of hundreds of kids, and be completely goofy and loud. I find this humbling and frightening.

23. I don't like to go out on the town. I am so happy walking downtown, getting a cup of coffee or ice cream, and just "being". I am not a party person, but I love people. I love spending quality time with a small group of people rather than a large one. I have not always been like this either. I used to be the opposite. I love watching movies at my house, or having people over for dinner.

24. I am not a great cook, nor do I love being in the kitchen. I cook because it is necessary and I like to eat well. I have the greatest husband who is an incredible chef. He is also the greatest because he will eat whatever I put in front of him and won't complain about it, even if he doesn't like it. We are a good team though when it comes to splitting up cooking during the week and doing laundry too.

25. I absolutely care 100% what people think about me because I care about those people. I hate when people in my life are hurting, love when people in my life are happy. I love the friends that I have and want to be a better friend to all. I come across as not really sensitive, but I am extremely sensitive and mull over things when things aren't right. I used to not be like this either. That has been part of my sanctification too. 

26. One more. I am working daily to want to know Christ more and have a better relationship with him. It is really hard. I am working hard to pray more specifically and to pray for others. I am working on a lot.....I want to be known as someone who loved life and loved the Lord......that was a good example for others and that who cared deeply...........

No comments:

Post a Comment