My Family

My Family

Thursday, August 9, 2012

There is such contentment in laying in the sand, letting the waves roll in and out of the tide.  =)

I was reminded of the song by Ten Shekel Shirt that says:  "There's something, about the ocean, that makes me rise up and SING!  There's something about the heaven's, that makes me stand in awe of HIM. (or something like that!)


Contentment is 'acknowledgement and satisfaction of reaching capacity'.  I don't feel like I am a content person overall- I'm too much of a pleaser and worrier- but I think the three of us reached some sort of contentment in just BEING this past week at the beach.

Sand. waves. book. sun. naps. pool. repeat.  Such is a beautiful thing to take vacations to truly ignite your soul and allow all outside stuff to be pushed aside.

The beach is a respite for my soul.  The beach is calming. Thankful.

More pictures to come when they upload.

2 comments:

  1. i so agree! the beach helps me just BE. i just can't wait for my little guy to be able to run around and play in the sand!

    ...miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Abs! All this week I have really been working on being content on the path God has blessed me to walk with him! Going back to work Monday with a new attitude this year and praying daily for contentment in His choosing for this season of life!

    ReplyDelete