My Family

My Family

Sunday, May 27, 2012

From the book, Walking with God, by John Eldredge "you might have heard the old saying," give someone a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach someone to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime." The same holds true for life itself. If you give someone an answer, a rule, a principle, you help him solve one problem. But if you teach him to walk with God, well then, you've helped him solve the rest of his life. You've helped him tap into an inexhaustible source of guidance, comfort, and protection." So, whatever our job is today or situation in life- firefighter, teacher, mom, dad,,butcher- our deepest and most pressing need is to learn to walk with God. To hear his voice. To follow him intimately. It brings us to the source of life. I am learning this. I am grasping the tools necessary to breathe this daily and live this out at home and at school. It is hard. Jeremiah 31:3-4 says " I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving- kindness. I will build you up again, and you will be rebuilt......and go out to dance with the joyful." In process.....learning....pondering....trying to change. God's got a great hold on me though.....and a great plan. Excited to continue to see what that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment